Partnerships and those on the flat rate scheme for small businesses can now sign up to join the Making Tax Digital for VAT pilot.
The move means that sole traders, partnerships or those that currently submit the VAT Return for a limited company are now in scope for the pilot, provided they use a standard accounting period and are up to date with VAT payments.
Businesses still not able to take part in the pilot at the moment are those that:
- currently trade with, or have traded with the EU
- are part of a VAT group or VAT Division
- are based overseas
- are a trust
- are a not for profit organisation that is not set up as a company
- submit monthly or annual VAT returns
- make VAT payments on account
- are a business that is newly registered for VAT and have not previously used the VAT online account to submit a VAT Return
If you have any questions regarding MTD please contact Vicki Harper